August 03, 2022
Eyebrows are one of the most important features that increase the beauty of the face. If the shape and thickness of the eyebrows are suitable for the face, it gives a more impressive, lively and youthful appearance. Since the eyebrow area, which is the area that attracts the most attention on your face, is the area that shows our expression, when considering eyebrow transplant, you should definitely try to make the right choice by doing a comprehensive study down to the smallest detail.
What is Eyebrow Transplantation?
Eyebrow forms have evolved over time in response to fashion and the sense of beauty. While thin, faint eyebrows were valued and applied in the past, recently more natural, thick-looking eyebrows have become preferred and praised. Today, eyebrow transplant treatments are one of the most natural-looking ways to thicken weak eyebrows and create the desired contour. What is eyebrow transplant? Because it creates a natural appearance and is permanent for life, it is generally preferred by women to take the roots from the donor area and place them in the eyebrows, just like hair transplantation. Eyebrow transplantation uses the same procedures as hair transplantation.
What Should Be Considered Before Eyebrow Transplantation?
Individuals of all ages who have eyebrow problems can benefit from eyebrow transplantation. The average processing time is related to the amount of grafts transplanted. On average, the operation time takes 1 to 3 hours. By evaluating the demands of the person, a common eyebrow shape is determined in direct proportion to the desired eyebrow model, and after the selected eyebrow shape, the grafts that the person needs are taken from the hairy area (between the two ears) using micro motors. Channels are opened one by one according to need. Sowing with the Fine Sapphire Percutaneous Needle Method is used for more frequent and complete planting. With the patient’s approval, the grafts are decided and modifications are made in the drawn eyebrow intervals.
The person who wants to have eyebrow transplantation first consults a doctor. How many roots are needed to create the desired eyebrow structure and what kind of eyebrow appearance will be achieved after the surgery are clarified with the sample drawing program and the procedure is planned. Before eyebrow transplant, it is recommended that the patient stay away from blood thinners, green tea and alcohol for 48 hours. On the day of the procedure, the patient comes full and firstly, the analysis is done, then the eyebrow drawing and transplantation are done. Eyebrow transplantation is a procedure that can be applied to people who do not want to be treated or who want a more permanent and natural solution, eyebrows that have been treated but do not respond to treatment or eyebrows that do not respond to permanent make-up. After the application, the skin heals after a few days, which does not affect the social life of the person and eyebrow formation occurs over time.
Both time and procedure are important. At the end of three months, 30 and 35 percent of the transplanted eyebrows will have grown. After six months, 60 to 65 percent of the eyebrows appear. It is very important to be patient after eyebrow transplant, as the process will take about a year to complete. Eyebrow thickening is usually done in women. Excessively frequent sowing of eyebrow roots causes skin damage and tears since the skin is very sensitive and opened at regular intervals. As a result, it would be more appropriate to finish with a second session for women with extremely sparse or less eyebrows. For men who want a more sparse and natural look, one session will be enough.
How Is Eyebrow Transplantation Performed?Eyebrow transplantation process varies according to the sparseness of the patient’s eyebrows. The question of How is eyebrow transplantation done is only one of the questions on the minds of everyone considering this process. The process consists of the following stages;
- In the first stage of the procedure, a rectangular area (an area small enough to ensure adequate root removal for eyebrow transplantation) is shaved from the patient’s donor area (the area between the two ears at the back of the head). After the procedure, when the patient opens his hair, a slightly rectangular area is shaved; Since the hair will cover this area, the patient can easily return to his social life (all hair does not need to be shaved). In order to preserve their vitality, the roots are collected one by one from the shaved donor area during the procedure and stored in the organ transplant solution.
- When the rooting process is finished, the channels (holes) are opened one by one with thin percutaneous needles (percutaneous needles are very thin needles made of real sapphire) in the eyebrow area to be transplanted, the planned eyebrow drawing is kept within the planned eyebrow drawing and the roots (grafts) held in the organ transplant solution are opened one by one. . It is meticulously placed one by one. When the implantation method is performed in the same direction as the patient’s existing eyebrows, a natural appearance is easily obtained.
- After the roots are placed, the doctor and patient are given detailed information about the difficulties to be considered after the procedure and the use of drugs after the operation.
What Should Be Considered After Eyebrow Transplantation?The person’s eyebrow image should be taken into account and done correctly; otherwise it shouldn’t be hard to come back or create negative results in terms of appearance. The following are the general concerns that should be considered post eyebrow transplantation when considering eyebrow transplantation:
- It is vital to increase the number of channels where the grafts will be transferred during eyebrow transplantation.
- The amount of graft should be determined according to the eyebrow structure.
- The directions of the channels should be determined correctly according to the shape of the eyebrows.
- For a natural eyebrow transplant appearance, priority should be given to taking a single root.
- After eyebrow transplantation, it is important to wait 10-15 days before going to facilities such as Turkish bath and sauna.
- After the surgery, sports that require weight should be avoided for at least 15 days.
- Washing should be avoided for two days after eyebrow transplantation. In our clinic, the washing process is done by the doctors and the patient is educated about it.
How Does the Process Work After Eyebrow Transplantation?The patient comes to the first wash on the second day after eyebrow transplantation. The transplanted eyebrow area of the patient is cleaned and the patient is told how to wash for the next ten days. On the tenth day following the surgery, the patient is called for control and if the crusting in the eyebrow area is still present, the eyebrows are cleared of their crusts with a final washing process and the planted roots are provided with oxygen. The transplanted eyebrows begin to develop three months after the procedure. It takes an average of 8-10 months as a result of eyebrow transplant surgery. After eyebrow transplantation, eyebrows can develop faster in the first 12 months, just like hair. One year after the procedure, the eyebrows are now clean. Eyebrow transplant operations are performed under local anesthesia and usually take 1-2 hours. Patients are very satisfied with the natural eyebrow appearance after the procedure and the transplanted eyebrows do not fall out again. One of the most frequently asked questions, Is the eyebrow transplant permanent>, is also answered. For more information about the eyebrow transplantation procedure performed in the hair transplantation clinic, please contact us by calling our center.
How Long Does Eyebrow Transplantation Take?The first three days following the procedure;
- The first three days after the procedure is when the healing process begins. As a result, it is very important that you pay extra attention to the first three days. It is recommended not to wash your eyebrows for the first three days. You should stay away from the sun as it can damage your eyebrow roots, and if you need to go out in the sun, you should use a wide and comfortable hat and cover your eyebrows.
- The first three days, tea, coffee, cigarettes and alcohol should be avoided as they will hinder the healing process.
- It is best to avoid extreme cold and hot environments and water.
- You should avoid sun and rain as much as possible.
- You can wash your eyebrows using antibacterial shampoos or soaps recommended by your doctor.
- Using the solution and tonic recommended by your doctor daily after eyebrow transplantation is critical for the effectiveness of the procedure.
- For the first 15 days, it is recommended to avoid movements that may shake your eyebrow skin and to take care of your hair.
Who is Suitable for Eyebrow Transplantation?Anyone who needs eyebrow transplant surgery can have it done. The following are some of the most common reasons people seek eyebrow transplant surgery today.
- Those who are not satisfied with the appearance of their eyebrows and have low eyebrows: Eyebrow shape and sparseness are often inherited. For example, inappropriate eyebrow lifting techniques may occur as a result of applications. Eyebrow transplantation will be a permanent treatment for our patients who complain about this situation.
- People who have lost their eyebrows: Some ailments, pharmacological treatments and faulty make-up applications cause eyebrows to fall out. After 2-3 hours of eyebrow transplantation, the patient gets rid of this situation permanently.
- Those who lost their eyebrows as a result of accident or injury: Unfortunately, permanent defects may occur in the appearance of the eyebrows as a result of various accidents and injuries caused by these mishaps. Again, eyebrow transplantation is the most natural solution to this problem. The transplanted eyebrows replace the missing eyebrows and hide the scars formed in the eyebrow area.