August 03, 2022
What is Fut?
What is Fut Hair Transplant?FUT hair transplant is a contemporary hair transplant technique that has been used since 1990. In this procedure, which includes a minor surgical operation, the scalp is removed by cutting into strips from the donor area, which has genetically stronger non-shedding hair. Then, the hair follicles are removed from the strips and transplanted one by one into tiny channels opened in the recipient area under the microscope. This procedure is the most descriptive answer that can be given to the question what is a full hair transplant. Since the operation is performed under local anesthesia, no discomfort is felt; however, some pain may be felt after the surgery. A session may take 4-8 hours depending on the number of hair follicles to be transplanted. It is believed that the stitched area will completely recover after the next sessions (1-2 months). Fut is cheaper as it requires less effort and time. It is very beneficial for people with large bald areas.
What are the Advantages of Preferring the Fut Hair Transplant Technique?The biggest benefit of the Fut hair transplant technique is that it provides the highest hair yield. Fut is the first choice considering whether the person’s first choice is to achieve maximum fullness. There are several reasons for this, including microscopic isolation of follicular units from skin strips and cutting hair strips from a more productive part of the donor site. The most important of the additional benefits are:
- One of the most important advantages is that the donor area is not shaved.
- Depending on the skill of the specialist doctor, a maximum of 4000 hair follicles can be transplanted in a single session. More than one treatment may be necessary for larger areas of baldness.
- The risk of damage to the hair follicle during collection and processing from the donor area is low.
What are the Differences Between Fut and Fue Hair Transplant?The main distinction between Fut and Fue procedures used in current hair transplantation is the way hair follicles are taken from the donor area. FUT involves cutting the hair follicles from the donor area into strips of skin, while the Fue procedure involves removing the hair follicles one by one without making any incisions.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages between Fut and Fue Hair Transplantation?
The advantages of Fut hair transplantation are as follows;
- Due to the amount of hair follicles to be transplanted in Fut, hair transplant session times are shorter than in Fue. For example, in Fut, hair strips are taken with a quick and easy process that takes about 15-30 minutes at a time, while in Fue, hair follicles are taken one by one, in a process that can take 1-4 hours.
- Fut is recommended for those with high baldness, as it can transplant more hair than the Fue technique.
- Fut has better hair follicle (transplant) quality. Fue is more likely to cause hair root damage than Fut (especially on thin hair).
- Fue is a more cost-effective hair transplant procedure than Fue, as it requires less labor and takes less time.
In order to increase the output of well graded grafts, the headband is removed from the center of the donor area during Fut hair transplantation. Thus, as the lesion heals, an incision can be made in the same area and fresh hair strips can be taken in the next sessions. As a result, no matter how many times the operation is repeated, only one linear scar remains. In Fue, follicular units are collected from a larger area to get enough hair follicles. In addition, when new white scars are added to the existing white scars in later sessions, it can disrupt nearby units and make subsequent sessions difficult (because the hair in the donor area is reduced).
The disadvantages of Fut hair transplantation are;
- The wound in the donor area is likely to heal completely after the next session (several months) of Fut. Since Fue is a non-surgical procedure, subsequent treatments can be performed 1-2 days apart.
- Since the surgical approach is used in Fut, more pain and tissue sensation loss may occur compared to the Fue procedure.
- FUT surgery can create a medium-sized linear scar in the donor area; White spot scars can only be noticed when the skull is scraped in the Fue treatment.
The recovery period for Fut hair transplant transplant is about one month. During this time, you may experience much more discomfort from Fue surgery and your scalp may turn red for weeks.
How is Fut and Fue Hair Transplantation Techniques Used Together?
The Fut technique may be preferred first to increase the effectiveness of the transplanted hair follicles, but if the scar at the donor site grows longer than expected, and if the scalp becomes tense in the next sessions, Fue hair transplantation may be preferred instead. Fue can also be used by the surgeon to collect follicular units and hide them within the developing scar. If Fue is used first and the yield is lower than expected, the patient may consider Fut for the remainder of treatment or for future procedures.
Both Fut and Fue are effective methods, but they serve different therapeutic purposes. Hair transplant doctors must be proficient in both procedures and provide both in their practice to provide the best care to patients. Because the specialist doctors in our Yoo Retouch clinic decide on the most appropriate approach according to the patient’s preferences. The doctor advises the patient according to the type of hair loss, the size of the balding and thinning area, and the type and amount of donor hair present.
Who Should Prefer Fut Hair Transplant Technique?
It can be applied to any healthy woman or man over the age of 20 who does not have scars from events such as androgenetic alopecia (male and female pattern baldness) or burns, if there is sufficient hair source to be transplanted.
How is Fut Hair Transplantation Performed?
In the process of fut hair transplantation, it is compatible with almost other hair transplantations. However, the underlying details differ. The following explanations can be made for the question of How is Fut hair transplantation performed; After the donor area is anesthetized with local anesthetic, thin and long rectangular hair strips are cut and the required amount of hair follicle is taken. (Only the area from which the strips will be removed is clipped, this is not visible.) The area from which the strips are removed is closed by suturing and wrapped to allow hair growth along the scar. The donor strips are sliced and cleaned as different follicular units under precision microscopes, preserving their original shape, and stored in a special solution.
After applying local anesthesia to the recipient area, small tubes of 0.7-1 mm width are opened to transplant hair follicles. During the opening of these channels, a personalized hair transplant plan is followed and the direction, distribution, etc. of the hair is monitored. the decision is made. Various criteria are considered. Hair follicles are placed one by one into tiny channels in the recipient area using pliers and other surgical instruments. Finally, a disinfectant solution is gently sprayed onto the scalp to prevent infection.
The Fut method is an outpatient procedure that allows the patient to go home the same day. Recovery time is 10-14 days. Most of the patients return to work three days after hair transplantation.
How Long Does Fut Hair Transplantation Take?
Depending on the amount of hair follicles to be transplanted, the process may take 4-8 hours. If a large area is being treated, more treatments may be required every few months.
When does the hair start to grow after Fut Hair Transplantation?
A bandage is usually not necessary for a few days after Fut hair transplant surgery. Hair can be gently cleaned by hand. Stitches can be removed after a few weeks. During this period, the transplanted hair usually falls out and then grows back. Normal hair growth resumes after 6 months. After 12-18 months, the hair reaches full maturity in terms of color, volume and fullness.
What Should Be Considered in Fut Hair Transplantation?
- Sleep in a semi-sitting position after surgery. This can help the swelling go down faster and prevent you from accidentally touching the places where the hair follicles are placed.
- It is not recommended to touch, scratch or rub the area where the hair follicles are transplanted.
- Some doctors recommend washing your hair lightly the day after surgery. Follow your doctor’s advice.
- Take your medications (antibiotics and pain relievers) regularly.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption for the first two weeks after surgery.
- Use a hat or other protective clothing to avoid direct contact with UV radiation.
- Avoid intense activities, especially heavy exercise, for a month.
What Should Be Considered Before Fut Hair Transplantation?
You should consult a doctor before having a hair transplant. Your doctor can choose or reject the technique to be applied by evaluating the condition of the hair bank and the location of the recipient. As a result, it is best to leave the choice of technique to him. You should also have the tests done before the procedure and report the results to the doctor. This session also includes advice on how to get the most out of your Fut hair transplant. It should also be informed that Fut hair transplantation is a highly demanded hair transplantation technique in 2022. Before increasing the success of hair transplantation, the following factors should be considered:
- Tobacco use affects blood flow, slows the repair of post-implantation wounds, and depletes the body’s oxygen; this process destroys the follicles.
- You should also abstain from alcohol for a month so as not to dilute the blood too much. Otherwise, you will have to endure a serious amount of bleeding during natural hair transplantation.
- Inform your doctor if you have a certain condition or are allergic to any medication.
- Some people are allergic to anesthetics and should inform their doctor.
- Take a shower the night before hair transplant to remove oil and dirt from your skin and hair. However, you should avoid taking a bath for at least 48 hours.
- In order to prevent bleeding and severe swelling on the skin in people using blood thinners, two weeks should be waited after the surgery with the approval of the doctor.
- Wear clothes with buttons so that you can change easily on the day of a hair transplant.
Which clinics should be preferred for Fut Hair Transplantation?
Since hair transplantation is a serious operation, clinical preference is a very important point. Necessary research should be done. If you say Where to have Fut hair transplantation, the number of clinics and centers performing FUT hair transplantation in our country and in the world is gradually decreasing. FUT hair transplant clinics are mostly concentrated in big cities such as Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir. However, there are a few critical points that customers should be aware of at this time. Among the most important issues are the preliminary examination of the FUT hair transplant clinics and the verification of the approval of the Ministry of Health.
How is the recovery process after Fut Hair Transplantation?
Recovery time following FUT hair transplant is manageable and typically takes 10 to 12 days. Due to possible swelling in the scalp area, some patients feel more discomfort after FUT hair transplantation than with other procedures. In these cases, anti-inflammatory drugs and pain medications are administered to relieve symptoms. During the recovery period after FUT hair transplantation, avoid touching and massaging the transplanted area. If you need to take a bath, avoid rubbing your head and using harsh shampoos. Doctors recommend that you take prescription medications daily for up to two weeks after FUT hair transplantation, and avoid smoking, alcohol, sports and sexual intercourse.
2022 Fut Hair Transplantation Prices?
FUT hair transplantation is used only in a few clinics. Customers’ desire for a more enjoyable recovery process and a natural hair appearance have resulted in lower FUT hair transplant prices. Prices of FUT hair transplant clinics are determined according to the graft calculation.
Fut hair transplant price varies according to the evaluation of the patient. However, this price may be lower or higher depending on the condition of each patient. The fut method is cheaper as it requires less work and time. The number of hair follicles to be transplanted is the most important factor in determining the price of this method. The typical price can be found on the web pages of hair transplant clinics on the Internet. The city and quality of the clinic and the doctor’s experience and achievements all affect pricing. However, the most important detail that should not be forgotten is the competence of the specialist who will perform the procedure, which affects the success of Fut hair transplantation. Many patients from both domestic and abroad prefer our clinic. Many conveniences, including accommodation, are provided to our patients coming from abroad.