August 03, 2022
What is Gummy Smile?
First of all, “What is a Gummy smile?” The question is very curious by many people who experience this situation. Gummy Smile, also called gum smile, is the appearance of the gums more than normal when a person smiles. Being exposed to the image of the gums while smiling can be quite uncomfortable. People with gums in this image feel this situation psychologically. When the desired smile is not in a balanced view, it can also affect the social environment of the people.
The factor that causes smile disorder is not the size of the gums, but the fact that they seem larger than they are. In Gummy smile aesthetics, crown lengthening and botox operations are performed. Crown lengthening treatments are a surgical operation. In this method, the excess gingiva is removed by our specialist doctors and the gingival level is corrected. In Botox treatment, our doctors correct the length of the teeth by injecting them into the nasolabial region using fine-tipped needles.
How to Treat Gummy Smile?
There are two types of methods applied in the treatment of Gummy Smile. These are crown lengthening and botox procedures. We can explain the crown lengthening processes as follows;
- The method we apply in this treatment method is to correct the amount of teeth by removing the excess gingival tissue.
- We also correct the crookedness in the crown lengths.
- By increasing the length of the front teeth, we bring the gums into a smooth and harmonious form.
- While applying the Gummy smile treatment, we complete the procedure without feeling any pain.
We perform Botox treatment applications as follows;
- We apply the injector method in Botox treatment.
- Botox is applied to separate points by our doctors in our clinic, depending on the shape of the Gummy Smile.
- The areas where we apply the procedure are the side of the nasal root, where the nose and upper lip meet.
- Since the areas injected by our doctors are under anesthesia, Gummy Smile botox treatment is completed without experiencing any pain.
What Causes Gummy Smile?
There are many reasons for the appearance of the gummy smile disorder. We can list these reasons as follows;
- The first of the most common causes is Hypermobility muscle syndrome in the upper lip of the person. In hypermobility syndrome, the joints of the person become more flexible and loose. While this does not cause any pain in some people, it causes pain in others.
- Thin size and shape of the upper lips
- Bone growth in the outer region of the jaw
- Disturbances in the external flesh
- Growths in the gums due to some drugs used
- Excessive growth in the upper jaw area
Which Substance is Used for Gummy Smile Treatment?
There are some substances in crown lengthening and botox treatments, which are the methods applied in the treatment of gummy smile. These substances do not pose any problem in terms of human health.
Ingredients Included in Crown Lengthening Treatment
Laser procedures are used in crown lengthening treatments performed by the doctors in our clinic. We relieve Gummy Smile discomfort by applying flap surgery method, gingivectomy, gingivoplasty and surgical extrusion treatments.
The substance used in Botox treatment applications is Botulinum toxin and this substance is generally used for the removal of facial wrinkles. Botulinum toxin temporarily affects the muscle tissue in the applied area. Botulinum substance used for Botox is safe and applied in many treatments.
You can get information about crown lengthening and botox treatments from our clinic.
Who Can Have Gummy Smile Botox?
Anyone who is over the age of 18 and has Gummy Smile disease in their gums can have this treatment method in our clinic. However, there are some exceptional cases. We can list them as follows;
- Those who are pregnant or breastfeeding cannot have these treatment methods.
- Those undergoing cancer treatment
- People with joint and muscle diseases
- Those who have infections especially in the area where the treatment will be done should not be done.
- Those with bleeding disorders
- Those with psychological illness
- Those who use blood thinners
If you are over the age of 18 and you are experiencing this disease, you can consult our clinic.
When Does Gummy Smile Botox Lose Its Effect?
Thanks to the injection methods we use in our Gummy Smile botox treatments, it is possible to have a perfect smile between 4 and 6 months. In general, each botox period covers a certain time interval. The reason for this is that the substances in the botox method absorb after a certain period of time. Therefore, these methods are not permanent.
Regular sessions are necessary for Botox procedures. The permanence of Botox methods is 3-6 months. In order for the effect to continue continuously in these time intervals, you should apply injection methods in our clinic. The average time given for Gummy Smile botox is determined as 4-6 months at the most. However, botox procedures may differ between individuals. Botox period, which takes 3 months in some people, can be effective up to 6 months in others. When this method is injected into the skin, minor side effects may occur, but these effects are temporary.
How Long Does the Effect of Gummy Smile Botox Last?
The effect of Botox methods is temporary. In Gummy Smile botox methods, the duration is maximum 4-5 months. The content of Botulinum toxin in Botox lasts for a maximum of 4 months and at the end of 4 months, the toxin begins to dissolve itself. In order for the Botox effect to last, you need to have regular injections.
There is no need to apply any botox method for 4 months from the date of application of Gummy Smile botox. However, the injection method can be applied in the 6th month, so that the procedure, which loses its effectiveness slowly after the 4th month, can be performed again. There is no harm in terms of health in having Botox done again after a certain period of time. The effect of the gummy smile process can be prolonged thanks to the botox applications that will be carried out consistently.
When is the Effect of Gummy Smile Botox Seen?
Before Gummy Smile botox procedures, anesthetic cream is applied to the skin. After adjusting the dose according to the muscle strength of the area to be applied, the injection method is performed. The procedure takes approximately 10 minutes and you can return to daily life. It takes 7 days for the obvious traces to appear on the face and reaches the highest level within 3 weeks. This may vary depending on the body’s response to the botox procedure. The effect continues to be maintained when applied at regular intervals after the 4th month after the application date.
Botox procedures are treatment methods that do not show their effect immediately, such as filler applications. The effect of botulinum toxin in the muscle varies from person to person. However, in general, it takes 15 days for the effect to appear completely.
What Should We Pay Attention To After Gummy Smile Botox?
After applying our Gummy Smile treatment methods, there are stages that you need to pay attention to. If you do not pay attention to these steps, it is possible that you may encounter negative results. We can explain these stages as follows;
- You should avoid exercising after having Botox. It can be exercises, sports activities, swimming.
- You may want to touch the area where Botox is made or you may want to massage this area. But when you touch this area, unwanted complications may occur. In particular, you should not touch the botox area for 2 days.
- You should avoid lying face down after the treatment. If possible, try to sleep on your back.
- You should not drink alcohol to avoid bruising and similar situations after Botox. You should pay attention to this situation so that there are no negative results before and after Botox.
- It is important not to touch the botox area for 6-7 hours after the treatment. After this time interval has passed, you can wash it gently with water.
If you want to get detailed information about Gummy smile treatment methods and Gummy Smile price, you can consult our clinic and get information.