August 03, 2022
Hair Transplant On Scar Tissue
Hair is one of the most aesthetically important things for both men and women. In real life, our hair has the biggest influence on our appearance. People pay close attention to every feature of their hair. However, as a result of childhood mishaps or undesirable events, wounds and scars occur on the head and hair loss is observed in these areas. Hair transplant operations performed on the scar have also provided hair growth here.
Compared to traditional hair transplant treatments, this procedure requires more attention and a higher level of operation. Because hair transplantation on scar tissue may be more difficult to achieve naturalness compared to other hair transplantation treatments. As a result, the people who will perform the scarred hair transplantation process should be professionals in their own sector. It can also be used to cover hair transplant burn scars. Hair follicles, scalp and roots are transplanted to burned or injured areas. The same procedure is performed with a standard hair transplant procedure. However, the team needs to work carefully because the tissue in the recipient location is injured. If the nutrition of the tissue is given priority, the hair transplant operation will be effective.
How is Hair Transplantation Performed on Scar Tissue?
Hair transplantation on scar tissue in the hairy areas not only gives a natural appearance, but also relieves psychologically to a great extent in mourning. The scar in the area cannot be removed, but it can be completely covered with hair transplantation. The main treatment method for burn scars is the same as for scars. The skin condition and circulation in that area are managed and the burn marks are closed by taking appropriate precautions. Removal of wounds and burns in areas such as the head, eyebrows, mustache and beard that can visibly affect the person will restore the self-confidence of the person and will not attract people’s attention in one-to-one dialogues.
Hair transplantation on scar is one of the procedures performed using FUE hair transplantation methodology. Surgery varies depending on the size of the typical wound and the number of root transplants required. If there is no event during the procedure, the person is discharged on the same day as the hair transplant on the scar. Hair follicles taken from the nape during hair transplantation are transferred to the injured areas in a very beautiful way. The important thing here is to make sure that the wound is completely closed and to do this while maintaining visual integrity.
When does the transplanted hair start to grow?
From the third month following the first shock shedding, the transplanted hair begins to grow. Control is carried out in the first month, third month, sixth month, ninth month and first year after planting. In these controls, small hairs can be seen starting from the 3rd month. After the sixth month, the hair begins to appear clearly. The regeneration process of the hair is completed after the first year.
What Awaits You Before Hair Transplant on Scar Tissue?
Before having hair transplant on the burn scar, you should evaluate all options and gather information about the entire surgery. Before you have a hair transplant, you can get wrong information from your environment and social networks. As a result, it is important to get expert advice on hair transplantation. It is important to remember that many factors affect the result of hair transplantation. Many factors such as graft quality, shedding, density of the donor area, age, dietary habits, alcohol and smoking affect the success of hair transplantation. First of all, you need to calculate how much hair transplantation is required to achieve a suitable result in hair transplantation. You can start by accurately determining its current span. This examination should be carried out appropriately and communicated to the person in a clear and understandable way. Things to consider before hair transplantation;
- If possible, you should stop smoking one week before the surgery. If you can’t, you should try to cut it. Remember that smoking will slow down the healing process.
- You should avoid alcohol one week before the procedure.
- Coffee and caffeinated beverages should be avoided.
- You should stop drinking green tea one week before your hair transplant.
- You should inform the doctors who will do hair transplantation about the medications you use for chronic (diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc.) or acute disorders.
- Stop using medication and lotion on your scalp and hair one month before the procedure.
- Wash your hair before the procedure and avoid using hair styling and hardening products such as gels and sprays.
- Don’t forget to have breakfast before your hair transplant treatment. If your procedure is in the afternoon, you should have a small meal before you arrive.
- Wear clothes that you can put on and take off easily and not rub against your head when putting on and taking off while coming to the operation. The most comfortable option is to wear a shirt.
What Should Be Considered After Hair Transplant on Scar Tissue?
There are important moments in the first 4 days and the last 15 days after scar tissue hair transplantation. It is recommended to be careful around the transplant area. During this period, it is recommended to avoid activities such as sports that will tire you and make you sweat. We emphasize that you will never be allowed to drive. You will be asked to take medication to treat your complaints such as edema and discomfort that you may experience during this procedure. In order to protect the hair transplantation area, it is recommended not to wash for the first three days after the procedure. The density and quality of your new hair will vary based on a number of variables. As a result, remember that you are in a patient process. It is recommended to stay away from activities such as cutting and painting for a while. You can ask your doctor when you can use hair products after this procedure that requires protection from the sun.
Who Is Suitable For Scar Treatment?
Scar treatment is used in patients who have scars in certain parts of their body as a result of surgery or trauma. There are no specific requirements. Treatment is available for people of all ages. The most important thing is to do it right. Sun protection is especially important in the summer, as the sun prolongs the duration of scars. People who will receive therapy vary according to the type of treatment. If this treatment is to be done with a laser, it can be applied to people who do not have a disease that will prevent the treatment, by making a preliminary examination. Hormonal levels are also very important for laser therapy.
How Is Scar Tissue Treatment Performed?
Scar treatment options are numerous. Surgical treatment, pressure therapy, local steroid therapy, PRP therapy and laser are all options for scar treatment. Surgical treatments for non-healing scars include surgical removal and re-suturing of the area. When it is opened to heal again, it can be a negative and significant improvement. As a result, our doctors at the Yoo Retouch clinic are also taking preventive measures regarding this situation. Plastic surgery incisions can be modified to provide better healing for our patients that we follow up regularly. Also, the therapy procedure reduces this scarring.
Where Should Scar Tissue Transplantation Be Done?
Due to the fact that our country is an attractive region in terms of health tourism, there are places that provide these treatments in headmark hair transplantation and other medical aesthetics, apart from hospitals. People may prefer such institutions because they serve both domestic and international patients and their prices are low. Hair transplantation is a difficult procedure that requires a one-year recovery period and provides lifelong benefits. As a result, the preferred place for hair transplantation should be hospitals with specialist physicians and medical aesthetic personnel, where the procedure is performed in sterile environments, and where you can get information and help during the healing process. Our private health clinic Yoo Retouch has all this competence and equipment.
What are the Advantages of Hair Transplant on Scar Tissue?
Scar tissue hair transplantation is beneficial because it changes the external appearance and the flow of social life. These;
- Helps the person who has had a hair transplant feel more confident in their new look.
- After the one-year period ends, the hair continues to grow.
- Extension of hair follicles to the healed scalp creates a natural appearance.
- Hair transplantation allows the hair to be used permanently and for life.
- Anyone who has enough hair in the donor area can have it done.
Who Cannot Have Scar Tissue Hair Transplantation?
The following people are not suitable candidates for scar tissue hair transplantation:
- People with chronic conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, kidney failure and liver failure,
- Those with cancer and other ailments
- Pregnant woman with panic attack,
- People who do not have enough hair in the donor area or are completely bald,
- Persons infected with hepatitis C or HIV,
- Individuals under the age of 24,
- In people born without hair due to hereditary factors,
- People with diabetes or who don’t have hemophilia based on a blood test are not eligible.
Hair Transplantation Can Be Performed on Scars in Which Areas?
- Hair transplantation is performed for scalp wounds and burns.
- Beard transplantation is performed to cover facial scars such as cheekbones, chin, upper lip.
- Eyebrow transplant is used to hide scars in the eyebrow area.
2022 Scar Tissue Hair Transplant Price
In our country, scar tissue hair transplantation prices are determined after the examination procedures, after deciding how many grafts can be applied according to the patient’s demands. As a result, our Health Center, which is one of the hair transplantation clinics that keeps the prices as low as possible, should be evaluated in hair transplantation recommendations so that everyone in the society can benefit from world-class service.