August 03, 2022
What is Hair Transplant Procedure in Women?
When it comes to hair transplantation, the first thing that comes to mind for everyone is hair transplantation in men. What is hair transplantation in women, how is it applied, and we will give detailed answers to questions like these. Women are becoming as demanding as men about hair transplantation. When the problem of female pattern hair loss or narrowing of the forehead is treated with hair transplantation, it provides the formation of lush and healthy hair strands. When your hair starts to fall out and there are regional gaps in your hair, it is best to start hair transplant treatment as soon as possible or get an expert opinion. When your hair is completely shed, hair transplantation can be much more difficult, if not impossible.
Why Do Women’s Hair Lose?
There are several reasons for hair loss in women. Malnutrition, stress and hormonal changes are examples of these. Women care a lot about the appearance of their hair. As a result, if you see a loss in your hair that affects your psychology, you should immediately consult a doctor. Thanks to the developments in technology, hair loss in women can now be treated and thick hair can be restored. Some women may also develop male pattern hair loss. In male pattern hair loss, also known as Androgenetic Alopecia, the hairline recedes in the forehead area and leaves an opening at the top. Hair transplantation can be used to treat male pattern hair loss in women.
The Ludwig Classification is used to evaluate hair loss in women. The ‘Ludwig Classification’ divides hair loss in women into three categories;
- Hair loss at this stage is considered mild hair loss. Many women hardly realize that they have a hair loss problem, as they cannot observe a relative change in the forehead lines in the front at this stage. Hair loss occurs at the top and front of the head. However, in this type of hair loss, it is noticed when the hair loss starts to separate from the center of the scalp because the bald area becomes more evident in this process.
- Hair loss during this period is considered typical. Women may notice thinning, loss of volume, shedding and a core point that continues to increase over time during this shedding period. In the Type 2 category, hair transplantation may be the best option for women, depending on the severity of the loss.
- This phase is the last phase where significant hair loss is recorded. The hair is so thin at this point that it is impossible to hide the scalp and bald spots are clearly visible to the human eye. Hair loss may intensify at this stage depending on various conditions. These conditions are; such as complete miniaturization of the hair, that is, excessive loss of vitality, excessive thinning and widespread hair loss.
Can Women Have Hair Transplantation?
Is hair transplant done for women? Before choosing hair transplantation for women, the causes of hair loss should be thoroughly investigated. Hair transplantation is a better option for women who experience male pattern hair loss. However, if he has thyroid diseases or metabolic issues like anemia, the scenario changes. First of all, the discomfort that causes hair loss should be treated. In this case, we think that hair transplantation will be ineffective for women. These are unlikely to be successful. First of all, it would be more appropriate to direct the individual to medical treatment for these conditions. Total testosterone levels in the blood are an important determinant of androgenic hair loss in women. In short, women with high total testosterone levels are better candidates for hair transplantation.
Physical examination is also required. The result of hair transplantation is very attractive for women whose donor area hair is intact and does not fall out. Similarly, women with anemic thyroid disease often experience hair loss. In other words, there is thinning and weakness in the hair in the donor area, as well as hair thinning in the front and middle areas. As a result, hair transplantation will not give sufficient results in women in this situation.
It is not forbidden for women with chronic carriers (such as HIV AIDS, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C) to have hair transplantation. Hair transplantation is an option for a woman who tests positive for hepatitis B and has undergone appendectomy and brain surgery. First of all, it should be determined whether such diseases are active in the examinations. It is inappropriate to do this only in the active stage of the disease.
Types of male pattern hair loss after thinning and thinning go completely into baldness. Female hair loss is characterized by thinning of hair strands and partial hair loss. There is no upper age limit for hair transplantation for women. Hair transplantation can be done simply in those with good general health.
How is Hair Transplantation Applied in Women?
Hair transplant treatments are developing rapidly. In women’s hair transplantation, it is no longer necessary to shave the hair. Hair transplants have eliminated the need for women to shave their hair, which has been a fearful nightmare. Instead, the FUE procedure is used to achieve a perfectly attractive hair transplant. How is hair transplantation done in women? In the old classical hair transplantation, hair follicles were collected by shaving a window-shaped area on the nape of women. In the FUE procedure applied today, the hair to be transplanted is taken from the nape one by one and transplanted to the spilled area. Since the hair is not shaved during this procedure, it is not immediately clear that the patients had a hair transplant.
The donor hair is placed at the back of the head in the area between the two ears. These thick and strong hairs are carried to the front area. Hair transplantation for women is done in two ways: unshaven hair transplantation (which is preferred) and long hair transplantation. This is the only difference between these two hair transplant procedures, the rest is the same.
- Unshaven hair transplantation, Hair removal is done only from the shaved area between this 5-10 cm. Thanks to the uncut hair on the upper part, this area is camouflaged. These shaved hairs are collected and planted in a short (2-3mm) form in the area where the hair is planned to be transplanted.
- Long hair transplantation, Hair is not intervened in any way with a shaver. Donor hair is collected in a long way. These long hairs are planted long in the area where the hair is planned to be transplanted. The person will see the final hair result after hair transplantation.
This surgery takes approximately 7 hours to complete. It takes 3 hours to get the hair follicles, 1 hour to open the channels and 3 more hours to transfer the roots. These times will of course vary considerably from person to person. The operation is performed painlessly under local anesthesia and the patient is recommended to relax for the first three days after the procedure.
How long is the recovery period after hair transplantation?
After the hair transplant, you can go home and continue your normal routine. You should return to the doctor the next day for control and dressing. On the third day, the person can clean his hair by taking a bath under the supervision of a doctor. Swelling, redness or crusting in the treated area is normal in the first week after hair transplantation. These side effects disappear within 1-2 weeks after hair transplantation and patients can continue their normal lives.
What are the Differences in Hair Transplantation Between Men and Women?
Thanks to the advanced FUE hair transplantation procedure, hair transplantation is performed exclusively for women. While shaving collects hair follicles for men, it is no longer necessary for hair transplantation for women. In unshaven hair transplantation, the hair follicles taken from the nape can be transplanted into the open area without shaving the area where the hair will be transplanted. Since women’s hair is longer than men’s, this method looks much more natural and attractive. As a result, there are no traces of application after hair transplantation.
How is Hair Transplant Planning Made for Women?
When it is decided that a woman is a candidate for hair transplantation, the procedure should be done according to the protocol. First of all, let’s say that hair transplantation in women differs from men.
- Hairline Design : Women whose hairline is drawn up and want to go down should use artistic design. Women’s hairlines are very different from men’s. First of all, the doctor performing the procedure should carefully arrange the facial anatomy of the woman. There are significant differences between male and female hairlines. A well-planned hairline is necessary for a natural hair transplant look. As a result of bad planning, an unnatural picture will emerge.
- Removal of Hair Grafts : Another misapplication is to reduce women’s hair to zero as men do. This is not suitable for a woman’s lifestyle. Initially, the number of grafts is estimated by multiplying the number of donor hair in the donor area with the number of roots taken. It should not be forgotten that unshaven hair transplantation is very important for women. As in the FUT procedure, an area of 2x 10-15 cm2 is shaved as a strip. If the donor area is strong, more roots can be obtained by cutting the two striped area. Hair transplantation is taken one by one from the shaved area.
Depending on the hair density of the donor area, 1000-2000 hair follicles can be taken from the donor area. It is the maximum number of hair that can be transplanted in a single session for female hair transplantation. If more hair follicles are needed, a second treatment can be done after 10-12 months. We do not find it appropriate to make more than 2000 grafts in a single session.
- Planting the Received Hair Grafts : The area to be transplanted is not shaved during the transplantation process. In general, hair thinning is achieved by penetrating between the thinned hair follicles. In this context, dhi hair transplantation (pencil technique) method can be applied and used to perform hair transplantation in women between sparse hair. In our opinion, the implanter pen technique is the biggest hair transplant procedure for women. Although the name of this procedure is wrong in our country, it is known as DHI hair transplantation method. But there is no such thing as DHI. With the implanter pen method, women can easily transplant hair without damaging other hairs. For many years, we have been performing hair transplantation for women with the pen approach and unshaven technique in our office.
Current Price List of Hair Transplantation in Women
The female hair transplant price element varies according to the procedure applied. For women, both FUE and DHI techniques can be used. Although female hair transplantation is comparable to male hair transplantation, it is not the same thing. Due to this distinction, it is an application that requires knowledge and should be applied by our expert Yoo retouch team. As a result, hair transplant costs for women are higher than for men.
Female hair transplant prices;
- Standard FUE hair transplant is 30% to 50% more expensive.
- It is 30-40% more expensive than the standard DHI hair transplant procedure.
What are the Results of Hair Transplantation in Women?
As mentioned earlier, hair transplantation will not be suitable for every woman. If the woman who is a candidate for hair transplantation has been treated, hair transplantation will also be effective. As with men, it is important to finish the one-year period to achieve the desired results. After a few months, the hair begins to thicken and thicken.