August 03, 2022
What is PRP Treatment, How is it Applied?
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma), also known as platelet rich plasma therapy, is a treatment that involves injecting a person’s blood into key body tissues after undergoing certain treatments. This process can give a clear answer to the question What is PRP. PRP therapy can be used in the treatment of cosmetic problems such as skin regeneration and hair loss. The only application area of the treatment is not for cosmetic purposes; rather, it is a therapy used to accelerate the healing process of damaged ligaments, muscles, tendons and joints. In this procedure, the patient is injected with PRP. PRP is a safe and effective method of repairing the body. It has a localized effect, which means that it must be applied to the injured or chronic pain area. Those who receive PRP treatment recover much faster. Also, this happens completely organically and safely.
PRP Hair Treatment
PRP hair treatment is a therapy approach that helps people with sparse and sparse hair to regain their health and strength. PRP Hair treatment, which provides significant advantages in a short time, has emerged as one of the most effective techniques in preventing hair loss. If you are researching What is PRP treatment, you can find the following information about it; It is the process of applying the components taken from the blood of the person to the scalp to regenerate the hair follicles. PRP Hair treatment, created since 2009, was in a much more sophisticated approach than when it first appeared. Since the blood taken from the patient is used in the treatment, there is no risk of infectious disease when using the PRP Hair technique. At the same time, there is almost no danger of allergies. After the application, the hair follicles rejuvenate quickly. After the PRP hair treatment, the hair texture begins to appear, but the damaged and thinned hair follicles also heal. As a result, your hair looks healthier and more vibrant than ever before.
How to Apply PRP to Hair
For PRP Hair treatment, blood must be taken from the patient. PRP hair treatment method consists of the following stages; First, 10 cc of blood is taken from the patient’s venous blood. Microfiltration and centrifugation procedures are used to remove red cells from a person’s blood. After these processes, thrombocyte and thrombocyte cells produce a rich plasma substance. In the next step, this substance is given to the hair follicles. This application, which is based on tissue regeneration, takes about 30 minutes to complete and is painless.
After the surgical procedure is successfully completed, the hair follicles begin to repair themselves and return to their former healthy state. PRP Hair treatment is often used to repair thin and brittle hair. It is also used to reduce hair loss in genetically predisposed people. PRP treatment does not support hair growth in people who do not have hair. PRP Hair application helps to repair the hair that does not grow and make it stronger than before.
What are the Benefits of PRP Hair Treatment?
With PRP Hair treatment, weakened and thinned hair is healed. It thickens your hair follicles and helps to gain volume. Other advantages of PRP hair treatment are:
- Protects hair against shedding,
- Increases the vitality of hair follicles,
- Restores hair texture and promotes hair growth,
- Stimulates hidden hair follicles,
- IEpidermal Growth Factor: Controls cell growth by promoting keratin and fiber formation,
- Growth Factor Conversion: Helps form new blood vessels,
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor: Supports the development of new blood vessels from the existing vascular system,
- Fibroblast Growth Factor provides a protein that promotes granulation during tissue regeneration,
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor: Stimulates collagen and proteoglycan production, at the same time recruits macrophages and fibroblasts to the treated area,
- Collagen Stimulating Development Factor: It supports the growth of healthy tissue and blood cells by stimulating granulocyte and macrophage proliferation,
- Keratinocyte Growth Factor: It can improve keratinocyte migration, differentiation and proliferation, healing and skin formation conditions,
- Induces collagen and proteoglycan synthesis to support healthy cell formation and tissue healing: Interleukins, Macrophages, Keratinocytes, Endothelial Cells, Lymphocytes, Fibroblasts, Osteoblasts, Basophils and Mast Cells.
How Many Sessions Are Used in PRP Hair Treatment?
PRP Hair application is a therapy approach that gives positive results when 3 to 5 sessions are performed within a period of 2 to 4 weeks. Although PRP Hair treatment has an immediate effect, the primary benefit of the treatment is seen 3 to 4 weeks after the application. You should avoid washing your hair for the first three hours following PRP Hair treatment. Also, you should avoid using hair styler for the first 6 hours after the application.
How is PRP Hair Treatment Applied?
Losing 100 150 hair strands every day is considered normal. If the hair loss is more than this, this problem should be seriously addressed. PRP is also an effective method in hair treatment. It has been discovered that patients get very effective results, especially in case of hair loss. During PRP treatment, the patient’s own blood is taken and passed through a device. The platelet, which will nourish and grow the roots, is isolated and injected into the spilled area. This strategy is very useful in genetic spills. Hair mesotherapy with PRP can be used for people with hereditary loss.
To start the hair PRP treatment, 10 cc (about 1/10 of a tea glass) is taken from the patient’s venous blood. The centrifuged blood is divided into two parts: white blood and red blood. White blood cells, platelets, clotting factors, and PGF are all found in red blood (Platelet growth factor). After undergoing a certain procedure, the red blood is sugared and diluted is injected into the area. This application is based on tissue regeneration. As long as the PRP hair treatment lasts for 30 minutes, there is no discomfort during the application. There is no negative situation related to PRP and the person can return to his/her normal life immediately after the application.
How Does PRP Treatment Applied to Hair Work?
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) contains high amounts of more than 20 growth factors that are actively released by platelet granules. Platelet-derived growth factor, transforming growth factor, vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), epidermal growth factor, fibroblast growth factor, connective tissue growth factor, and insulin-like growth factor IGF-1 are all considered beneficial in promoting hair regeneration. through PRP. These proteins are essential for cell motility, adhesion, proliferation and differentiation, and accumulation of the extracellular matrix. PRP growth factors stimulate hair regeneration by binding to receptors produced by stem cells and related tissues in the hair follicle protrusion area.
What is the Risk of PRP Hair Treatment?
Hair Prp Treatment, a treatment that involves processing the person’s own blood and injecting it back into the problematic hair area, can be the answer to the question What is PRP hair. In the hair PRP treatment, which does not contain any drugs or foreign substances, the component taken from one person is injected into the same person, so there is no allergy or negative effect.
Who is PRP Hair Treatment Applied to?
Patients whose hair follicles are not damaged and who experience hair loss are generally ideal candidates for Hair PRP Treatment. In these people, the hair may shed excessively, but they are not completely bald. Therefore, the sooner the person applies Hair PRP treatment, the better the results.
Prp hair loss treatment is beneficial for everyone with thinning hair, men and women with male pattern hair loss, and anyone who has hair loss. Hair PRP treatment is effective in both men and women. The timing of hair PRP is very important. Especially in men, the results of PRP performed before baldness develops are more beneficial.
Who Is PRP Not Suitable For?
- People who use blood thinners,
- Cancer patients,
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding,
- People with low platelet count
- People with low hemoglobin levels
- For those with autoimmune disease
- PRP cannot be applied to those who have local infection in the application area. Other diseases should be reported to your doctor before surgery.
Does PRP Make Hair Grow?
Does PRP treatment stimulate hair growth in those who do not have hair or are bald? If you are thinking and researching this question, we can answer right away No, it does not support hair growth. There is no way to remove hair in the balding area other than hair transplantation. The cost of PRP treatment for hair varies. Prp therapy is a method for treating weak hair caused by color, blow dry or other factors. Thickens and strengthens hair.
Among the reasons for using PRP application
- Preventing hair loss and increasing the vitality of the hair follicle,
- Increasing hair growth,
- To ensure tissue regeneration in the hair
- Improving scalp healing after hair transplantation,
- Increasing hair growth by acting as a stimulant and stimulating dormant hair follicles.
However, experts claim that they cannot reach a definite conclusion about how beneficial and permanent this application is and that PRP hair transplantation has a long future. Currently, this approach is being undertaken in a specific study and research context.
What Should Be Considered After PRP Applied to Hair?
- Do not touch your scalp for a day.
- If you are using anti-inflammatory drugs (such as ibuprofen, aspirin), stop using them one week before surgery.
- Avoid direct sunlight and strenuous exercises that may cause sweating on the scalp for three days following the operation.
- Avoid contact with the scalp with extremely hot or extremely cold water for three days following treatment. As a result, sauna, very hot or cold water bath or Turkish bath should be avoided for three days.
- It is recommended not to consume cigarettes and alcohol 3 days before and 3 days after the treatment.
Does PRP Hurt When Applying to Hair?
Many patients report that PRP treatment is uncomfortable because the scalp is very sensitive. However, the feeling of discomfort during the application can be prevented. In our Yoo Retouch clinic, the following applications are used to prevent pain according to the pain threshold of the person.
- Apply anesthetic cream and wait for 15-20 minutes
- To perform the friction procedure using a local anesthetic ampoule on the scalp,
- Pain reduction using a door control mechanism with a local vibration device
- Local anesthesia is used to numb the entire scalp.
According to the pain threshold, some people state that they do not feel any pain, while others state that they feel a little discomfort in their comments.
What is the 2022 Current Price of PRP Applied to Hair?
PRP hair treatment price may vary depending on many factors. The clinic where the application will be made, the type of PRP treatment to be applied and the number of sessions required for the patient affect the price. Because PRP treatment is used not only in hair but also in many parts of the body. The price of each applied region varies.
A single session or sessions in the package affect PRP costs. People who receive hair PRP treatment within the scope of the package pay lower fees than those who receive it as a single session. There are no obvious pricing indicators on the website. You can come to our Yoo Retouch clinic and learn all the details of the application by consulting our experts.