August 03, 2022
What is Unshaven Hair Transplantation?
The answer to the question of what is unshaven hair transplantation is to perform hair transplantation without shaving the front, side and upper parts of the hair, while preserving the existing hair length and shape. In this hair transplant procedure, only the donor area at the back of the head is shaved. People with long hair usually like it. The shaved part at the back is hidden by the long hair on top thanks to the long hair. In this approach, drawing and planning are left to the competence of the person who makes the hair transplant. Unshaven hair transplantation is performed in two ways: FUE and DHI. After the doctor analyzes whether this procedure is suitable for the person and which method to use, if appropriate, the patient is informed.
- With the FUE procedure, 4,000 grafts can be transplanted in a single session and each hair follicle can produce 1 to 3 hair follicles.
- With the DHI procedure, 3,000 grafts can be transplanted in a single session and each hair follicle can produce 1 to 3 hair follicles.
Who Can Benefit From Unshaven Hair Transplant?
- Unshaven hair transplantation is the most popular form of hair transplantation in women who have lost their hair.
- If you have a general sparseness in the hair on the high parts of the head and you want to thicken your hair by planting hair between these hairs, this is a suitable technique for you.
- It is suitable for people who experience partial hair loss as a result of a certain disease or injury and who want to have hair transplant in the affected area.
- Only people with forehead opening problems should apply.
- Only people with minimal hair loss in the Vertex area can choose this unshaven hair transplant technique.
What Stages Does Unshaven Hair Transplant Consist?
Unshaven hair transplantation is one of the hair transplantation methods preferred by many patients. Let’s talk about How to do unshaven hair transplantation, what are the stages.
- Consultation: The hair transplant procedure is planned and the person who will have the hair transplant is given all the information, including the problems that may occur with the hair transplant. At this stage, the design of the hair transplant line is completed.
- Preparation: All the hair is cleaned and extra cleaning is provided. The area to be used as a donor at the back of the head (2-4 cm wide, depending on need) is shaved. The surgical field is sterilized and calmed.
- Collection of Hair Roots: The collection of hair follicles begins with the injection of saline liquid into the nape area, which is non-shedding and is necessary for correct and pleasant collection of the roots. The patient does not feel any pain or discomfort during this treatment. After the saline solution is given, the grafts should be taken correctly.
- Opening the Channels: It is vital that the roots to be planted are in the same direction and depth as the existing hair in the area to be planted. During this process, the channels are changed according to a certain angle. The number of opened canals (there is no canal in DHI) should be the same as the number of transplanted roots. At this stage, the hair distance should be checked exactly, otherwise problems may occur.
- Hair Transplantation: The last stage of the treatment is hair transplantation, where the roots are placed in the canals and the integration process is carried out. The most important issue at this stage is the correct placement of the hair follicles in the opened channels. Hair follicles harvested according to the plans of the specialist doctor are planted in the front and upper regions in a predetermined amount.
- Completion of Hair Transplantation: At this time, PRP is applied to strengthen the hair and accelerate the healing process. The dressing is applied to the treated area.
What are the Benefits of Not Shaving Your Hair Completely in Hair Transplant?
- Few people will notice your hair transplant and new hair will start to grow completely naturally.
- You’ll only need a few days to recover. People who apply this procedure can usually return to normal life after one day.
- Hair restoration does not require shaving and the hair is transplanted to the desired points by removing the roots without shaving.
- The hair length in this natural hair transplant should not be too long or too short. Normal hair length varies between 6 and 7 cm. Normal hair transplantation requires shaving the hair completely.
- As you know, scars will form on your scalp after hair transplantation; however, due to the presence of long hairs, these scars will be covered with this approach and will be visible to the naked eye.
What are the Differences Between Shaved Hair Transplantation Technique and Unshaven Hair Transplantation Technique?
- Unshaven Hair Transplantation procedure relieves patients from the social stigma of having a hair transplant. In addition, since there is no need for other epilation methods such as scraping or shortening, the surgery is performed without any change or disruption in the person’s daily life.
- Many people prefer this technique because it allows men and women who stick to a certain style and do not want to give up their current hairstyle, to preserve it.
- The negative image of the area where hair was removed from previous hair transplantation treatments is hidden. In Normal Hair Transplantation, the hair is scraped or shortened, which may be a problem for some people. People can return to their normal lives much faster by using the unshaven hair transplantation process.
- Unshaven Hair Transplantation is different from other techniques in that it eliminates the need for women who want to have a hair transplant, which is the male model, to cut their hair short.
- Be careful and meticulous.
The most important factor is that clinics prefer less because of the difficulty of the treatment and the need for more time and patience. As a result, the price is a bit more compared to other apps.
How is Unshaven Hair Transplantation Method Applied to Patients?
Two alternative procedures are often used in this unshaven operation.
Partial Shaved Hair Transplant: The number of grafts used in completely unshaven hair transplantation should be less than 1000. In addition, since the person has little hair and the area to be transplanted is small, the process is simplified.
Unshaven Hair Transplantation: Regardless of the method chosen, first the hair follicles are collected and then the hair follicles are placed in the area to be transplanted by opening channels. Finally, the process is ended with a few applications that complete the hair transplantation and start the healing process.
In both processes, needles of different sizes, specially designed according to the hair type, are used. Hair follicles are taken from the appropriate area and transplanted to the area to be transplanted using these needles. The needles used during hair transplantation are shaped specifically for the patient. With this process, applications similar to DHI or Choi techniques are used in hair transplantation.
Which Conditions Should Be Known Before Unshaven Hair Transplant?
Hair must be of a certain length. This length, which varies according to the hair texture, has been calculated as an average of seven centimeters. In some cases, you may need to wait for your hair to reach this length before the procedure. In order to reduce the risk of bleeding, it is recommended to leave blood thinners under the supervision of a doctor, depending on the procedure to be performed during the surgery. Lotion, cologne, hair styler and cream should be avoided for a certain period of time in order for the hair follicles to return to their original state. Unshaven hair transplantation may not be suitable for everyone. As a result, you should choose the area to be planted before the operation and agree with your doctor about the method to be used for the procedure. Caffeine and its derivatives should be avoided one week before the procedure, as they may directly affect the hair follicles. The use of substances such as alcohol and cigarettes affects both the hair follicles and the healing process. As a result, it is recommended to depart at least one month before the procedure. Even if it cannot be removed completely, lowering it will speed up your recovery.
What are the Benefits of Unshaven Hair Transplant?
- After 10 days, hair transplantation is almost never seen in people with long hair.
- It takes less time to return to social and professional life after hair transplantation.
- It gives better results than the long hair transplant procedure.
- People with long hair don’t have to wait for their hair to regrow.
What are the Disadvantages of Unshaven Hair Transplant?
The most important aspect of this approach is that the success of the unshaven hair transplantation result depends entirely on the competence of the transplanter. Existing hair may fall out when the distance between the hair follicles is not properly controlled during the densification process. The patient has to endure a long procedure time. Unshaven hair transplantation takes more time than other treatments. It is a process that requires serious effort and patience from the team performing the surgery. Maintaining a sanitary environment is a major concern. Following the procedure, there is a high chance of infection or complications.
Unshaven Hair Transplant Price
Unshaven hair transplant prices vary according to the procedure applied. Both FUE and DHI procedures can be used in this approach. Since unshaven hair transplantation requires great care and attention, this issue is not performed by an expert team in our Yoo Retouch clinic. As a result, unshaven hair transplant prices;
- The cost is 20-40% more than the standard FUE hair transplant procedure.
- The cost is 10-30% more than the standard DHI hair transplant procedure.
What Should Be Considered While Performing Unshaven Hair Transplant?
Although unshaven hair transplantation is a procedure aimed at relieving people’s post-operative cosmetic concerns, this method can be used if the condition of conformity is desired. The most important question in this process should be where to have unshaven hair transplantation. You should prefer clinics with all the documents with all kinds of competencies. We recommend that you come to our clinic and talk to a hair transplant specialist to find out if you are a candidate for hair transplant. In addition, since the hairs are not cut in this approach, a moist environment may occur on the skin as a result of the hairs. Since this wet environment can cause partial infections in the harvested and planted parts, a serious treatment procedure should be followed. It should be communicated in detail to the people that the procedure requires more work in terms of cleaning. You can contact us to find out if you are a candidate for unshaven hair transplantation and to ask any other questions you may have. You can both have detailed information and get free consultation from the experts in our clinic.
How Are the Results of Unshaven Hair Transplantation?
Unshaven hair transplantation results aims to look natural and thick hair like other treatments. In order for the operation to be carried out correctly, a delicate operation must be performed. Since the number of grafts is limited in this procedure, the area to be transplanted should be small. As a result, the results of unshaven hair transplantation vary accordingly. Although shaving is preferred in almost all hair transplant researches, this technique gives all the necessary results. In line with your doctor’s recommendations and recommendations, you can achieve the look you want after hair transplantation.